Skip to main content

Swim day - the start, the middle, and the finish!

~130 swimmers ready at the start line.
All the swimmers (~130) line up for the traditional group photo.

Next we'll be broken into groups of 20, each with a color coded cap.

Then we'll be started 5 minutes apart for each group.

In the photo below, our red hatted group gets ready to swim out to the start line. (I'm in the silver sleeved wetsuit.)

The swimmer on the left edge of the photo is going to have a tough swim (& lose a few pounds.) Great guy that he is, he finished, toweled off then headed off to an out of country flight later on in the afternoon.
The Red Wave gets ready to move out to the start line.

Lynn and I get ready to round the turn to the finish line. (My arm is the splash to her left and below the light blue kayaker.)

The route we swam and that Lynn flawlessly navigated.

Meanwhile, my oldest grandson is looking thru his camera's viewfinder trying to spot my arm and Lynn's kayak, while Dad, on the right, is using binoculars to help the oldest grandson spot us. And the youngest grandson, in the middle, is doing his best to help.

And, finally, I'm working my way to dry land, a cold beer, food, and a shot of whiskey - to honor the SEALS!

Remember, you can still donate @ https://tinyurl.com/TBFS2019, even if is after the swim.

Thanks to all who supported and encouraged Lynn and I, we sincerely appreciate it, as does the Navy Seal Foundation.

Comments